“The Nigerian Dream” is not a common phrase amongst the average Nigerian youths, as the environment itself largely influences a survival mentality that barely leaves room for lofty dreams. An environment, where youth poverty and other challenges facing the average Nigerian youth are as obvious as a floating red flag in the bright morning sky.
However, it is not all gloom and doom. With a population nearing 200million and the youth making up over 60% of that number, we are a nation with unlimited and untapped potential, largely due to poor short-sighted leadership and resource management. It is all about perspective.
Nigerian youth entrepreneurs can create job with the right support and increased access to funding. It is high time for Nigerian youths to seize their future and do it now with the right form of support from veterans and established personalities.
The objective and approach of the Geared Up! Initiative is to leverage the power and reach of media to drive awareness for youth owned businesses that have been reviewed to be ideal, with the aim of:
- Gaining investor interest and investment funding
- Accessing support funds to drive business / idea scaleup
- Access enterprise advancement support e.g sales facilitation, service boost etc.
- Facilitate strategic bootstrapping of these businesses or ideas to ensure growth and ability to internally generate needed funds for scale up.
- Activate or access funding for a minimum of 5 viable businesses or ideas with clear capacity for sizeable job creation and revenue generation
- Attract positive attention for Nigerian youth entrepreneurial endeavors as well as existing challenges and opportunities
- Further encourage fellow Nigerian youths to go the extra mile for their dreams or passion
- Subsequently implement a regular cycle to drive access to funding and business activation support for youth-owned businesses and ideas
- Facilitate ideal collaborations and networking opportunities
Comprising of an advisory board and project team of individuals with track record in advancing youth capital development, the selected businesses / ideas for the project roll-out cuts across various industries and sectors such as agriculture, environmental / waste management, digital technology, education, hospitality, sports and tourism.
To get involved or for more inquiries: Call +234 81 30977877 or send an email to Gearedup@234central.com | Social Connect: @234central (facebook, twitter, instagram)