Do you have a social-impact project, business or innovative start-up that has already been developed and can benefit from a grant of a ₦100,000 to help step-it up to the next level? Then enter in for the “Fund Ya Hustle” Contest, powered by 234Central.com
As Nigeria’s No 1 online social-support space, it is our belief that ideologies need to be funded to take root. In a country where stomach infrastructure is a major factor, it is only necessary that we fan the flames and sparks ignited in the hearts of the Nigerian youth.
We are committed to developing initiatives to provide a support mechanism, in a bid to encourage the dreams and aspirations of our fellow Nigerian youths, as well as drive in others the nation-building spirit, that thrives on seeking out needs and developing solutions either as a business venture, technology innovation or a community impact project with minimal or no financial implications for the target audience.
Fund Ya Hustle is a three staged contest scheduled to run for a period of 2 months.
Stage 1: Application – 3 weeks
- Verified members download the application form or fill it online to be submitted within 3weeks of the contest launch.
- Interested contestants need to provide proof of their project, a guarantor and must be a project or business already developed – the fund isn’t to sponsor projects in idea stage.
- Applicants must provide a project requirement statement: this is a brief of what the money will be used for.
- Applicant must outline how his/her project contributes to nation-building or development.
Stage 2: Verification and selection – 2 weeks
- The panel will verify all applications to guarantee the existence of the project and integrity of the applicants. Thus entries that are not verifiable would be disqualified.
- Applicants must be owners of the project and cannot apply on behalf of another person.
Stage 3: Voting – 3 weeks
- Selected contestants will be contacted and their project request stated published on the platform for voting.
- Voting is open to only registered members thus contestants can increase their chances of winning by signing up voters on the platform to vote for them.
- Selected contestants are to campaign for votes, as the highest votes wins.
Prizes & Benefits
- N100,000 step-up cash prize for 1 winner
- PR/markting support for top 5 entries across 234central affiliate & media partner platforms
- Consultancy/ mentoring support for top 5 entries
Eligibility: to participate in the contest
- Contestants must be verified members of 234centrsl.com and followers on social media
- Entries will be received only from Nigerians resident in Nigeria between the ages of 16 to 35 years of age.
- The project entry for the contest must be solution oriented, have progressive community impact in-terms of development and sustainable.
- Contestants must be willing and available to be monitored for a period of 3months as well as submit investment and impact reports for monitoring and evaluation.
- Must provide 2 credible guarantors with letters showcasing their knowledge of your project.
- Applications are open to sectors both for-profit and non-profit.
Employees and Affiliates of 234central.com are not eligible to participate in the contest
The jury will select finalists and winners using the following criteria:
- Quality of the entry and proven existence of the project
- Potential for (social) impact and market viability
- Innovative factor
- Potential for sustainability: likeliness that the project can be sustained and continue to have significant impact beyond the lifetime of the competition
- Align with the vision of 234central.com and Visionary Impact Netwox
How to Apply
The application process is simple:
- Complete the online entry form
- Fill and submit the form before 20th of October, 2015 deadline
Schedule for the presentation of prize will be communicated duly.
[kleo_button title=”APPLY NOW” href=”https://www.234central.com/fyh/” style=”default” size=”medium” ]