The world is a global village connected by digital technology! The fact that we live in a digital age is common knowledge, and thus any business that fails to ride the digital wave to grow, attract and engage customers, will struggle with cashflow. This is the reality mostly for small businesses.
“The Giant of Africa” is fast becoming a ceremonial title as against being our reality as a nation with immense potential and resources, not to talk of our untapped human capacity, especially our very large YOUTH population…
The narrative of the average Nigerian youth is one hounded by unemployment or under-employment as a result of less job opportunities for the ever increasing youth population, as well as minimal access to opportunities or poor availability of developmental resources to boost socio-economic empowerment.
Safety First, Safety Always – Nikky Taurus Transport and Logistics Inspires Ember Month Safety Awareness Campaign
As 2016 comes to a close, and with all the rush to meet set goals for the year, despite the “recession” and economic downturn Nigeria has been riddled with, there lurks the great tendency for “avoidable accidents” and unnecessary loss of lives and properties to occur.
Considering the state of events and situation in Africa with a focus on Nigeria, it is obvious that there is need for immediate and continuous sensitization of the populace to demand strategic and solution oriented action from the leadership.
Inline with our corporate objective to promote the entrepreneurial aspirations and development of Nigerian start-ups, 234Central.com is launching a 70% Discount on Digital Brand Management Services as part of our commitment to showcase qualifying brands and start-ups to their target audience at almost no cost.
Do you have a social-impact project, business or innovative start-up that has already been developed and can benefit from a grant of a ₦100,000 to help step-it up to the next level? Then enter in for the “Fund Ya Hustle” Contest, powered by 234Central.com
As Nigeria’s No 1 online social-support space, it is our belief that ideologies need to be funded to take root. In a country where stomach infrastructure is a major factor, it is only necessary that we fan the flames and sparks ignited in the hearts of the Nigerian youth.
We are committed to developing initiatives to provide a support mechanism, in a bid to encourage the dreams and aspirations of our fellow Nigerian youths, as well as drive in others the nation-building spirit, that thrives on seeking out needs and developing solutions either as a business venture, technology innovation or a community impact project with minimal or no financial implications for the target audience.
Fund Ya Hustle is a three staged contest scheduled to run for a period of 2 months.
Stage 1: Application – 3 weeks
- Verified members download the application form or fill it online to be submitted within 3weeks of the contest launch.
- Interested contestants need to provide proof of their project, a guarantor and must be a project or business already developed – the fund isn’t to sponsor projects in idea stage.
- Applicants must provide a project requirement statement: this is a brief of what the money will be used for.
- Applicant must outline how his/her project contributes to nation-building or development.
Stage 2: Verification and selection – 2 weeks
- The panel will verify all applications to guarantee the existence of the project and integrity of the applicants. Thus entries that are not verifiable would be disqualified.
- Applicants must be owners of the project and cannot apply on behalf of another person.
Stage 3: Voting – 3 weeks
- Selected contestants will be contacted and their project request stated published on the platform for voting.
- Voting is open to only registered members thus contestants can increase their chances of winning by signing up voters on the platform to vote for them.
- Selected contestants are to campaign for votes, as the highest votes wins.
Prizes & Benefits
- N100,000 step-up cash prize for 1 winner
- PR/markting support for top 5 entries across 234central affiliate & media partner platforms
- Consultancy/ mentoring support for top 5 entries
Eligibility: to participate in the contest
- Contestants must be verified members of 234centrsl.com and followers on social media
- Entries will be received only from Nigerians resident in Nigeria between the ages of 16 to 35 years of age.
- The project entry for the contest must be solution oriented, have progressive community impact in-terms of development and sustainable.
- Contestants must be willing and available to be monitored for a period of 3months as well as submit investment and impact reports for monitoring and evaluation.
- Must provide 2 credible guarantors with letters showcasing their knowledge of your project.
- Applications are open to sectors both for-profit and non-profit.
Employees and Affiliates of 234central.com are not eligible to participate in the contest
The jury will select finalists and winners using the following criteria:
- Quality of the entry and proven existence of the project
- Potential for (social) impact and market viability
- Innovative factor
- Potential for sustainability: likeliness that the project can be sustained and continue to have significant impact beyond the lifetime of the competition
- Align with the vision of 234central.com and Visionary Impact Netwox
How to Apply
The application process is simple:
- Complete the online entry form
- Fill and submit the form before 20th of October, 2015 deadline
Schedule for the presentation of prize will be communicated duly.
[kleo_button title=”APPLY NOW” href=”https://www.234central.com/fyh/” style=”default” size=”medium” ]