Seeking to work with an International organization? Here is your chance as the United Nations Development Project – UNDP which works in partnership with its identified stakeholders and local communities to help identify local solutions to meet national development challenges, is seeking qualified candidates to fill the available vacancy.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
|Location :||Abuja, NIGERIA|
|Application Deadline :||25-Feb-15|
|Type of Contract :||
|Post Level :||GS-7|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||Initial duration of one year|
|Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Communication Specialist and the KM specialist, the Communications Associate supports execution of communications function and initiatives aimed at strengthening knowledge management in the CO. He/she supports the formulation and implementation of the communications and advocacy strategies and action plans to increase the standing and awareness of UNDP with partners, the media and the public. The incumbent supports in identifying and promoting initiatives that enhance knowledge sharing across programme units and between the country office and partners.
The Communications Associate promotes a client and results-oriented approach in UNDP, and works in close collaboration with the other BD team members, Programme and Operations teams in the CO, staff of other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff, Government officials, media, multilateral and bilateral donors and civil society for information dissemination and knowledge acquisition and sharing.
UNDP Africa has developed KM and Communication Strategies that guide country offices on how to identify and implement activities at country office level that support the successful realization of the goals and missing of the corporate Strategic Plan 2014-2017.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
| Summary of Key Functions:
· Supports formulation and implementation of communications and knowledge management action plans to support business development;
· Support towards elaboration and implementation of the publications strategy and plan;
· Contribute towards maintenance of websites, social media platforms, databases and knowledge management systems;
· Support efforts towards facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing across programme areas and with partners.
· Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
· Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to UNDP Programme Areas;
· Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNDP Programme Areas;
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
· Ability to implement communications strategies, action plans, and publications policies.
· Ability to advocate effectively; communicate sensitively and effectively across different constituencies.
· Strong IT skills.
Management and Leadership:
· Focuses on impact and result for the client;
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
· Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills; presentation skills;
· Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
· Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
· Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
|Required Skills and Experience|
· Secondary education;
· University degree or equivalent desirable, but it is not a requirement.
· 7 years of relevant experience at the national level in providing communication packages to promote the activities of international development organization;
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
· Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
· Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
For more information, Click HERE