The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (You WiN!) Programme is a collaboration of the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Communication Technology (CT), the Ministry of Youth Development and the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development that will launch an annual Business Plan Competition (BPC) for aspiring young entrepreneurs in Nigeria, in line with the Federal Government’s drive to create more jobs for Nigerians.
The programme will be implemented in partnership with Nigeria’s private sector, who will be requested to provide funding support.
GOAL OF THE PROGRAMME
The main objective of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) Programme is to generate jobs by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas that will lead to job creation. The programme will provide aspiring youth with a platform to show case their business acumen, skills and aspirations to business leaders, investors and mentors in Nigeria.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
- Attract ideas and innovations from young entrepreneurial aspirants from Universities, Polytechnics, Technical colleges, and other post-Secondary institutions in Nigeria;
- Provide a onetime Equity grant for 1,200 selected aspiring entrepreneurs to start or expand their business concepts and mitigate start up risks;
- Generate 80,000 to 110,000 new jobs for currently unemployed Nigerian youth over the three years during which the three cycles will be implemented;
- Provide business training for up to 6,000 aspiring youth entrepreneurs spread across all geo-political zones in Nigeria;
- Encourage expansion, specialization and spin-offs of existing businesses in Nigeria;
- Enable young entrepreneurs to access a wide business professional network and improve their visibility
With the upcoming launch of YouWiN! 4, the President of Nigeria will have fulfilled his promise to financially support over 3,600 Nigerian youths to develop their entrepreneurial ideals and plans through the YouWiN! program.
YouWiN! 4 is open to both male and female entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 – 45 years.
STEP 1 – CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
Check that you are qualified to apply. See the section “Who can apply?” below.
STEP 2 – REGISTER
You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in.
If you have any trouble registering please read our tips and troubleshooting advice, and if you still have problems after following this advice, please contact us.
STEP 3 – COMPLETE NEW BUSINESS APPLICATION
Once you have successfully registered you need to Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side. You can save your application form as you go along, and come back to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send it to us. You can submit only ONE application.
STEP 4 – KEEP INFORMED
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been selected for the next stage of the competition. You can join the discussion on Facebook, Linkedln and Twitter. Regular updates will be posted on the YouWiN! homepage.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria
- You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 45 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required).
- You must have a post-secondary school qualification.
- Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
- Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution.
- You must prepare an innovative business concept summary.
- You must choose to participate in one award pool. There are 6 regional pools on the basis of geo-political zone as identified by market in which you want to do business.
Submission of Youwin 4 Application will commence Monday 17th, Nov 2014. Register and submit your application by visiting www.youwin.org.ng
Feel free to share this information with the rest of your friends.